Product Development Specialist
- Execute the various developmental tasks in the product lifecycle from conceptualization through development to production, meeting or exceeding company quality standards.
- Exercise a strong understanding of development stages to ensure timely processes.
- Contribution to team efforts for achieving best fitting garments.
- Contribution to team efforts into research seeking innovation in styles, classification, construction and fabrication.
Supervision Received: This position reports to the Research and Development Supervisor
Supervision Exercised: None
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Research (in close collaboration with designers)
- Sourcing communications about new fabric, prints and trim as assigned
- Design concepts contribution
- Print development as assigned
- Lab dip approval as assigned
- New collection inspiration boards assembly for market
Product Development (hosiery, seamless, cut and sew products and any future products)
- Vendor communications regarding new development as assigned
- Print vendors’ relations as assigned
- Fabric manufacturers’ relations as assigned
- Cut and sew contractors’ relations as assigned
- Trim vendors’ relations as assigned
- Pattern making contribution
- Pattern making (manually or CAD)
- Assist in fit testing results analysis
- Measure fit samples as assigned (report issues and discrepancies to R&D supervisor)
- Sample sewing
- Assist in cutting samples and prototypes
- Skilled in sewing with industrial machines
- Assist sample maker as needed
- Spec pack formation
- Illustrator flat drawings
- Components list, cutters must, sewing instructions, measurements formatting
- Proof read specs
- Initial garment yields (manually or CAD)
- Assemble and provide costing packages to production team as assigned
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Opportunity of growth commensurate with internal experience.
- Adhere to commando’s inventory control procedures
- Follow all ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by the company and the department
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Degree in fashion design or 2 years related experience
- Strong technical design skills (including patternmaking)
- Verbal and written communication skills a must
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and multi task
- Attention to detail
- Sewing skills, a plus
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!