Supply Chain Manager
Commando is seeking a highly motivated and experienced supply chain manager to manage and support all aspects of the supply chain operations. This role is critical to ensuring that products are produced and delivered to customers in a timely, cost-effective, and high-quality manner. Our ideal candidate is persistent with the ability to problem solve and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Local Vermont candidates are encouraged to apply!
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work closely with suppliers and the production team to ensure that products are produced and delivered within the agreed timeline. This involves monitoring the production process, identifying potential issues, and taking corrective action to avoid delays.
- Work with R&D and development in order to ensure timelines align with production needs and sales requirements
- Maintain capacity planning documentation to track capacity levels
- Create, distribute, and manage vendor WIPs to ensure that production runs smoothly and efficiently. This includes monitoring production schedules, identifying bottlenecks, and working with production teams to optimize the manufacturing process.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers to ensure timely delivery. This includes negotiating contracts, managing supplier performance, and resolving any issues that arise
- Create and monitor buys for seasonal and core assortments, ensuring accurate size curves, inventory position, and MOS
- Work closely with other teams, such as product development, sales, finance, and marketing to ensure that supply chain activities align with the overall business goals
- Determine shipping methods, monitor shipping costs, and oversee the transportation of finished goods to ensure they are delivered on time and in good condition
- Responsible for analyzing supply chain data to identify areas for improvement and implementing strategies to optimize performance. This includes tracking KPIs, identifying cost-saving opportunities, and implementing process improvements
- Lead and mentor a small team of Supply Chain Professionals
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- 3-4 years of Supply Chain experience within the apparel industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge in Excel (formatting, pivot tables, and formulas)
- Fluent in Google Suite
- Experience managing a team
- Contractor management and material & capacity planning experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with suppliers and stakeholders
- Well organized with excellent problem solving skills and time management skills