Senior Merchandise Planner
Commando is seeking a Senior Merchandise Planner to manage forecast planning and analytical support - identifying and ensuring best-in-class inventory management and optimization across all channels. The Senior Merchandise Planner will develop and execute inventory and production plans that enable Commando to achieve sales plans and execute customer service metrics. This position interacts daily with Merchandising, Production, Sales, Marketing, and Finance to obtain information needed for accurate forecasting, finished good production, and customer satisfaction.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Create and manage the monthly Core replenishment forecast across all categories and channels
- Monitoring monthly performance to sales, inventory, and margin targets
- Analyze sales and inventory data to guide product assortment and inventory decisions
- Act as a consultant for the seasonal sales forecast, providing perspective and guidance to the Sales team
- Optimize production size curves
- Analyze retail selling data, providing real-time and actionable information across the organization
- Improve inventory efficiency and forecasting accuracy through the development and/or implementation of forecasting tools and reporting
- Execute post-season forecast analysis, monitoring sell-throughs and working with the sales and eCommerce teams to move through overages
- Work with Merchandising and Account Managers on markdown cadence of discontinued Core styles, as well as end-of-season projections
- Interact with all levels of management to ensure consistent communication across all departments
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in retail planning or sales analytics.
- Experience with Forecast Pro and Blue Cherry ERP is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and manage multiple and competing priorities
- Strong organizational, managerial, and analytical skills
- Maturity, adaptability, and ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Must be driven and passionate about the brand
To apply, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 802-657-4004 x252. We look forward to hearing from you!