Commando is seeking a Controller to join our team! The Controller will work closely with the CFO to direct the financial operations of the company. Directly leads and oversees the accounting team and serves as a trusted partner to the broader team. While it is preferred to find a local Vermont candidate, we are open to a remote candidate within the Northeast region.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage the day-to-day Accounting function and team while driving process improvements
- Lead the month-end process to ensure a correct basis for monthly reporting
- Review and approve Account reconciliations and analysis
- Manage Cost Accounting and Inventory Control processes
- Manage Transactional Accounting activities: A/P, A/R, Treasury
- Responsible for ensuring financial controls are strong and scalable to support business growth
- Work cross-functionally, providing insights for business decisions, as well as enterprise opportunities, projects, efficiencies and cost savings.
- Maintains current knowledge of organizational procedures, federal and state regulations, and accounting standards relevant to the business
- Support for tax compliance and filings
- Support the forecasting and budgeting process, including variance analysis and deep dives into operational and financial issues as needed
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Advanced degree or CPA certification is a plus
- Proficient in accounting principles, understand finance concepts and cash management
- Proficiency with ERPs, Excel or any Data reporting solutions. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL is a plus
- Minimum 10 years experience in accounting/finance (apparel manufacturing a plus)
- Experience leading and developing a team
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with a track record of process improvement
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to adhere to deadlines and cross-functional dependencies
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), the ability to interact with all levels through the organization and be able to exchange information efficiently and accurately.