Commando is looking to bring in a seasoned accounting professional and is considering a range of experience levels to find a great fit. Responsibilities will be crafted to fit the person hired into a strong and growing team. Experience in manufacturing businesses will be helpful as we actively manage standard costing variances, BOMs, and operating expenses to bring world-class products to market via a variety of manufacturing sources and including a majority of USA production. There are also opportunities to dig into planning, sourcing, manufacturing, and fulfillment processes to increase company efficiency.
Ideally, this will be a hybrid position.
Potential Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage the day-to-day accounting function and team while driving process improvements
- Lead the month-end process to ensure timeliness and accuracy
- Review and approve account reconciliations and analysis
- Manage cost accounting and inventory control processes
- Proficiency in BOM and standard costing processes are helpful
- Manage transactional accounting activities: A/P, A/R, Treasury
- Responsible for ensuring financial controls are strong and scalable to support business growth
- Work cross-functionally, providing insights for business decisions, as well as enterprise opportunities, projects, efficiencies and cost savings.
- Lead operational efficiency measurement and process improvement
- Maintains current knowledge of organizational procedures, federal and state regulations, and accounting standards relevant to the business
- Participate as needed in vendor and customer relationships
- Support for tax compliance and filings and annual audits
- Support the forecasting and budgeting process, including variance analysis. Based on findings, initiate deep dives into operational and financial issues as needed
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance
- Advanced degree or CPA certification is a plus
- Minimum 7 years experience in accounting/finance (apparel manufacturing a plus)
- Proficient in GAAP, understand finance concepts and cash management
- Proficiency with ERPs, Excel, or any data reporting solutions.
- Experience leading and developing a team
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with a track record of process improvement
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to adhere to deadlines and cross-functional dependencies
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), the ability to interact with all levels throughout the organization, and the ability to exchange information efficiently and accurately.