Director of Marketing
Commando is committed to continuing our bold industry disruption and fast-paced growth through expanded products, consumer audiences, distribution channels, and market geographies. The director of marketing is a senior-level role responsible for overseeing and managing Commando’s customer communication and marketing.
Working closely with the leadership team, they will develop and implement marketing strategies to support growth initiatives, increase brand awareness, and drive customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Developing and executing marketing plans and strategies to achieve the company's goals and objectives.
- Conduct market research analyzing customer insights to identify target markets and customer needs.
- Design and manage the annual, seasonal, and quarterly marketing calendars, budgets, and the allocation of resources
- Drive successful seasonal, profitable campaigns and branding initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, sales, supply chain, product development, R&D, merchandising, and finance
- Align marketing efforts with overall business strategies to support key company priorities, including industry events, new product launches, key sales meetings, etc.
- Monitor and analyze marketing metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns and initiatives. Providing actionable, data-driven insights to maximize opportunities for the brand.
- Manage relationships with external vendors, agencies, and partners to ensure the successful execution of marketing projects and campaigns.
- Stay connected to industry trends and emerging marketing techniques to improve marketing strategies constantly.
- Deploy and scale marketing investments effectively and efficiently to build Commando’s brand profile, support key product launches and brand initiatives, and accelerate growth across channels
- Establish processes and tools for planning, tracking, analyzing, and optimizing Marketing spending to support business goals and priorities.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- 7+ years of experience leading a marketing team, ideally in the direct-to-consumer or fashion space
- Exceptional strategic orientation and an ability to build consensus around a strategic vision
- Experience leveraging team/partners to deliver breakthrough ideas and accelerate growth
- Demonstrated experience in establishing processes, systems, and tools to support business growth
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and in close partnership with Founder/CEO and other key leaders
- Comfort leveraging intuition and experience to try new things, experiment with hypotheses, and adapt quickly
- Up to 20% travel