Graphic Design Intern
Commando is seeking a talented and motivated Graphic Design Intern to join our small but mighty Brand Creative Team. As a Graphic Design Intern, you will work closely with our Sr Designer and Marketing Team to create visual content for our brand. You will gain hands-on experience and further your design skills in a fast-paced marketing environment. And have some fun doing it!
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Collaborate with the Brand Creative Team to develop and execute design concepts that align with our brand's visual identity and tone
- Assist the Sr Graphic Designer in creating marketing materials such as emails, digital ads, social posts, presentation decks and other visual needs
- Assist the Marketing Project Manager in asset management and research
- Support design team with research, brainstorming, and ideation for upcoming projects
- Attend team meetings and contribute ideas and feedback on ongoing projects
- Collaborate with other teams as necessary to ensure timely delivery of design projects
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- A fanatic about all things design
- Currently pursuing a degree or a recent grad in Graphic Design or a related field
- Strong understanding of design principles, typography, and layout
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of After Effects and motion graphics a plus
- Knowledge of social media platforms and best practices
- High level of organization and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong time management, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast-evolving environment
- Interest in Fashion and/or Retail industries a plus
To be considered for this internship, we will need a link or PDF to your student creative portfolio or work samples.
This is a part-time internship position with the possibility of extending based on performance. Candidates must be available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week, preferably on a consistent schedule. If you are passionate about design and have a desire to gain hands-on experience in a marketing and communications role, we can’t wait to hear from you!