Commando is looking for a qualified individual to be responsible for the management and strategic direction of our quality and technical manufacturing functions. The Quality Manager will oversee overall quality management systems, including product inspections, laboratory testing, sample approvals, and corrective action implementation. The ideal candidate will have experience managing remote, third-party inspections and house inspections and have an understanding of qualifications for approvals of raw materials and finished goods. This position will maintain close working relationships with our suppliers and manufacturing partners to ensure quality standards are effective at early stages in the manufacturing process and evident in the final products.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage the development and maintenance of Commando’s quality management system, standard operating procedures, and analytical test methods/requirements.
- Embed quality and risk management tools and practices throughout the product life cycle to mitigate risk and allow for adjustment/redesign before launch.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to evaluate, select, qualify, and onboard new material suppliers and manufacturing partners.
- Direct data analysis and continuous improvement efforts, resulting in year over year reduction in quality issues.
- Manage structured corrective action planning to identify systematically, correct, and prevent reoccurring issues while minimizing business impact.
- Apply Lean practices and statistical analysis to drive focused quality assurance practices with maximum efficiency.
- Manage raw material and finished goods inspections based on statistical parameters to adhere to Commando’s premium quality standards.
- Lead and mentor direct reports, develop annual professional development plans to build expertise, capacity, and capability.
- Support cross-functional onboarding and development opportunities to strengthen the broader team.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Technical knowledge of fabrics, garment construction, and apparel manufacturing
- Knowledge of testing and inspection systems
- 2 years of managerial experience
- Excellent attention to detail & strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!