Commando needs a qualified individual to lead our Quality team! The Quality Manager oversees material and garment quality assurance, including inspections, testing, sample approvals, and quality-related contractor communications. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of fabric and garment quality. This position will maintain close working relationships with our product development and supply chain team as well as suppliers and manufacturing partners to ensure quality standards are met.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Partner with the Product Development team to understand key material and garment attributes, including color, fabrication, and garment specifications.
- Partner with Supply Chain team to make material and garment sample approvals at the production stage
- Manage communications of approval comments to material suppliers and garment factories
- Communicate with suppliers and factories to troubleshoot technical issues at the production stage as needed
- Manage and track approval timelines to ensure cohesion with production timelines
- Partner with Product Development and Supply Chain teams to evaluate and onboard new contractors
- Work with the Customer Service team to address customer feedback
- Manage in house and third party quality testing
- Update vendor guidelines as needed to maintain proactive quality assurance measures
- Lead team of direct reports performing upstream quality assurance procedures through final inspections at the PO receiving stage
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Technical knowledge of fabrics, garment construction, and apparel manufacturing
- Knowledge of testing and inspection systems ideal but will provide training to the right candidate
- Two years of managerial experience
- Excellent attention to detail & strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!